I've Moved!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

pumpkin pie smoothie.

I spent my last half cup of canned pumpkin in this smoothie. 


Basically, I combined 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup of pumpkin, 3/4 cup milk and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice in a blender and pressed a button. Simple. Easy. Oh yeah, and poured it into a glass of course. The result? A super thick and creamy breakfast-in-a-glass. With toasted pecans, my latest obsession, on the side! Can you see how the straw stands up on its own?


Let me talk about this a little bit. I think the banana is a tad obvious in this smoothie, overshadowing the pumpkin, so I would reduce this to say, 1/3? But I think doing so would make the smoothie less thick. Secondly, too much milk. I would reduce this to 1/2 a cup next time. Now about the spices. I toasted them in a dry pan until the smell perfumed the kitchen, just to wake them up a little. Actually, you could add more to the smoothie if you wish, about 1/4 a teaspoon more. For this one, the spices are in the background, waiting to sneak up on you when you're about to swallow your mouthful of smoothie. 


So, the final ideal proportion would be: 1/3 banana, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice. To me, that is. Remember, taste is subjective! In fact, if you have a better ratio, please share it with me!





No comments :

Post a Comment