I've Moved!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

pierre herme's macarons- montebello.


I think this is one of the best batches of macarons I've ever made! No large gaping air pockets and all. But the neon pink was totally unintentional. I wanted red but turns out there's more to getting a red macaron than just adding red food colouring.


Montebello is a pistachio-raspberry combination. I cheated a bit by just sandwiching half a fresh raspberry in with the pistachio ganache instead of making the raspberry gelatin like the recipe said to, because I was making such a small quantity (6 macarons only) that it was too fussy. The only worry is that the juices from the raspberry may spurt out and drip from the sides of the macaron.


If you would like the recipe, please head over here.

No comments :

Post a Comment