I've Moved!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

cinnamon butter cookies.


Just a quick post today! I made these as part of a gift box a while back and I thought that it was about time that I posted the recipe. I was initially worried that I piped the dough a little too thinly but I think that the cookies turned out nice and crisp, shattering gently in your mouth as you bite into one while the warm fragrance of cinnamon tantalises your tastebuds. A keeper of a recipe!




Cinnamon Butter Cookies
makes about 32
adapted from Baked Explorations

2 cups plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg

Prepare baking sheets.

Whisk the flour, cinnamon and salt together.

Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and mix until combined. Add half the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Add in the remaining flour mixture and beat again until the traces of flour disappear.

Scrape the dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe it onto the baking sheets. Chill the cookies on the baking sheets in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.

Bake cookies for about 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.

7 comments :

  1. Added to my must make list. I've got everything on hand. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to ask, do you accept orders for your creations? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Not at the moment I'm afraid as I'm busy with school:(

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, alright then! How do I make orders once you are more free? :)

      Delete
    3. Are you from Singapore? Mmm... could you leave your email address?:) I'll email you when I'm accepting orders!

      Delete
    4. Sure! magdaleneteojiaying@gmail.com
      Hope to hear from you soon :)

      Delete