I've Moved!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

cheesecake waffles sandwiches.


I have a little thing for sandwiches going on for quite some time now, with which my slight fixation means that even cheesecakes shall not go disregarded.



I was inspired by the fruit sandwiches often found in local convenience stores. The type of fruits used varies from store to store and season to season, but the formula is generally consistent - two triangular slices of fluffy white bread as white as snow, a row of fruits in the middle strategically cut to display their cross sections, and the gaps filled with whipped cream so generously that it threatens to overflow.

Following the formula with an added twist, I used a waffled cheesecake recipe from Sprinkle Bakes that has been stubbornly stuck on my mind since the day I saw it in place of the bread, picked up some whipped cream and chose melons to be the star of the sandwich as they were in season. The cheesecake waffles proved to be so delicious both warm and chilled that I found myself questioning the need for the extra cream and fruits, but the sandwiches were fun to make and fun to eat - and isn't that an ingredient we should frequently look for?


Waffled Cheesecake
adapted from Sprinkle Bakes

16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cake flour
pinch of salt

Beat the cream cheese and eggs together in a large bowl until combined. Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Stir in the sugar, flour and salt.

Preheat your waffle iron. Cook waffles according to your manufacturer's instructions.

No comments :

Post a Comment